So.. I have two brothers that are becoming young men. One of them is 14 and almost 6 feet tall! Needless to say they eat. A lot.. sometimes it is scary how much they eat. One of their favorite food groups is cereal, and man is it expensive!
That’s where my friend granola comes in. It’s cheap, easy, and tasty. It’s like customizable cereal! I know a granola is good when it magically vanishes from the fridge. This one did, so mission complete.
Look at it’s sweet deliciousness, now go make it!
- 3 cups of oats (GF oats if desired)
- 2 cups of puffed rice
- 1/2 of hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 (or less) agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener: honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seed
- 1 tablespoon of chia seed
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs
- a handful of cranberries
- In a large bowl, throw all your ingredients in and mix. Once the ingredients are thoroughly combined it should be a kind of sticky consistency. You can either just put your bowl in the fridge and wait for your peanut-allergen child/friend eat it right up; or you can press it into a greased 8×8 pan and make granola bars! Boom, that’s it!